Sunday, March 10, 2013

Baked Cinnamon Apples

Alright I have a REALLY simple SO DELICIOUS treat for you today!

I was looking for something healthy and yummie. To add to my criteria list, my boyfriend recently became a vegetarian, and I needed something he could share with me. Something sweet and treat like that can be thought of as a dessert as well. Then I was struck with gold...or maybe red. Baked apples with cinnamon! It is so unbelievable easy, and so good too! My boyfriend ate almost all of it in one sitting haha!

Ingredients:


  • Red Apples sized medium to large
  • Cinnamon



Starting note. There is no measurement for this. The amount and size of the apples all depends on how you want to slice them up, including the kind of slices and how thick they are. The cinnamon is strictly to taste. Lets begin!


First preheat your oven to 200. Now you are going to slice your apples. Be sure to core them. I sliced mine two different ways. the first was into quarters then into eighths. The second was simply cutting off the top and bottom, and making nice round slices.



I also had a third apple that cut into eighths and then proceeded the make them even thinner. Next, be sure to take the seeds out. Some may prefer to core the apples entirely. Then arrange them on a baking sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon to taste.


Place them in the heated oven and let back for about an hour. Your house will start to smell like apple pie, your mouth will be watering! After an hour, choose a thicker slice and test with a bit. The apple should be hot and soft as though it really were in a pie. If it is not return to oven, checking regularly. In the end you will have a delicious finished treat that's great for home made lunches and snacks!



It is so good and great for you! If you are looking to lose weight like we are, this is a great way to change up all those apples you've been eating!

Note: The thinner the slice the quicker it will dry out. Some very thin pieces with harden like apple chips if left in for too long.

FUN TIME CREATES GREAT MEMORIES! This is a great way to get the kids involved in healthy eating! When I was little I had a teacher who taught us a story about the star in the center of the apple. I had already loved apples at that time, but every time I have one, I still think of that story. Use this super SIMPLE COOKING recipe to make some great memories for you and your little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment