Sunday, October 2, 2011

Home Made Salsa!!!

ALRIGHT!!! I have a super quick super easy recipe for salsa, only takes a few minuets to make too!!!

Ingredients:



  • Two large, firm tomatoes
  • Peppers..green pepper, jalapeno pepper it doesn't matter here just whatever you prefer. PLEASE READ THE NOTE AT THE END OF THE RECIPE BEFORE YOU MAKE THIS!
  • White onion
  • Cilantro
  • Lime juice
  • Minced Garlic (for salsa I like to use the pre-minced stuff in the jar, it's comes in a liquid so the pieces are nice and soft and you're not biting into hard garlic)
Note: If you need pictures for this one..there is no hope for you.

Alright so this so freaking easy anyone can make it. you CANNOT SCREW THIS UP! I promise you that! So lets roll up our sleeves and get started!

  1. Chop up your tomatoes. I use really first ones because I have such a hard time dicing them up what they're soft. Put ALL of it into a good sized bowl. The juice, seeds, everything.
  2. Dice up your onion. The amount you use is dependable on how you like it. I'm not a big fan of it, but Jay is. I can't bite into hard onion it makes me gag so I used the cheese grater to made it mushy and put a lot in that way. This way I can bite into it without worry and Jay gets lots of onion!
  3. Cut up your cilantro. This you need VERY little of. Also scissors is the easiest way to get nice small bits, just hold it all together in one hand, making it as dense as possible. Then use the scissors and snip snip snip snip and it'll just mince itself!
  4. Now for the pepper. I do this last because I know how bad it is to get pepper in your eyes or on your face. Depending on how spicy you want it, you can add in the core, or at least the seeds. If you don't want to use them just cut them out and set them aside. Dice up your pepper and add it into the bowl with everything else.
  5. Using a long spoon or spatula, fold the ingredients together. Switch between a gentle fold and a slow mixing stirring. The juice from the tomatoes will be more than enough for the liquid aspect, the rest is nice and solid and crunchy and spicy for you!
  6. Add in one teaspoon of the minced garlic and mix.
  7. Add in the lime juice to taste. Start with a little and go from there. I don't like Lime at all, but I found the salsa didn't taste right to me until I'd used like half of the little green lime thingy haha!
From there adjust the amount of lime juice and garlic to your liking..the lime can do A LOT for the salsa and is great for balancing out a flavor you don't want as strong. Also black pepper helps to balance out come flavor too!

IMPORTANT NOTE!: If you have never word with peppers of any kind before PLEASE BE CAREFUL! The core with the seed are ALWAYS the hottest parts. Once you make the first cut into your pepper do not, DO NOT touch any part of your face! If you cut up the pepper before you dice up other ingredients, PLEASE wash the knife and the cutting board before moving on. Also PLEASE wash your hands right away. I am speaking form experience when I say you do NOT want any part of a pepper even if its only a green pepper, on or near your face. Please be careful!

That's really all there is to this. It's really good. I kept a bag of tortilla chips next to me for proper taste testing!

I don't really have any special tips on who'll like this or anything like that. It's salsa, if you don't normally like salsa this may be a good way to to try different things to see if you just have a particular taste to it, or something like that, yanno? Give it a try, it can't hurt. I just used a green pepper, not super spicy but enough and it was SO good...and that's coming from someone who's very picky about salsa. 

That's about it for now. I'll have another recipe up VERY shortly. Keep this one in mind, when you read the next one. Until then, have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment